Saturday, September 17, 2016

Something Old & Something New



Years ago, I made a cuff for my wrist that I thought had a bohemian flair, embellished with vintage laces and buttons. It was beautiful but I never did wear it as my daughter asked to wear it and just never gave it back!

Recently, I was looking through my collection of lace, ribbon, doilies, zippers and vintage buttons...again...and felt the urge to make a few more of the cuffs. The amazing array of colour, texture, and sparkle had my imagination revved up!

My friend Jo-Ann is about to welcome a new daughter-in-law into the family. I saw the creamy pearls and the aged laces and knew what I was going to do...a Wedding Cuff!





























The process of making these little beauties is quite organic and the vintage buttons, ribbons, lace, the lonely earring, the unstrung pearl, all seem to know where they want to go and who they want to sit beside....In the course of choosing items for one bracelet, several other groupings appear and I will often have 3 or 4 cuffs planned and put aside for assembly when I have finished the original jewelry.

 This one is called 'The Spring Nest'





..












No comments:

Post a Comment